For this year’s Coffin Hop, I have the great pleasure of introducing you to the first ever Coffin Hop anthology: DEATH BY DRIVE-IN. Inspired by B-monster movies, the anthology brings you drive-in delights including:
Brains from Space! Robot Squids Gone Wild! Radioactive Microwave Men! Monster Mash Massacres! Crotch Tentacles! Pinterest-loving Werewolves! Cannibal Bikers! Vampire Seduction! Man-eating Toilet! Robot Lincoln & Zombie Jackson! Interior art by Nicolas Caesar! Foreword by Stink of Flesh director Scott S. Phillips! And awesome cover art by www.lizhowertonphotography.com.
Want to win a free copy? Read on…
The masterminds behind this devilry are none other than some of your favorite Coffin Hoppers. The authors include:
Best of all, this is a charity anthology. The proceeds will be going to LitWorld.org, a non-profit organization supporting child literacy and social improvement throughout the world. As a bonus, all the proceeds from our Coffin Hop store will also be going to LitWorld, so you can feel good about getting that creepy mug for your morning joe or that fright night t-shirt you’ve been wanting (I already got mine!).
DEATH BY DRIVE-IN is now available in all formats:
That’s great and all, but you want to win yours for free, right? Well, I’ve got one digital copy (in the format of your choice) to give away. Enter to win by leaving a comment below answering this question: What is your favorite monster movie?
Leave your comment before 11:59 pm on October 30th, at which point I’ll be choosing a random winner.
If you don’t win my contest, there’s good news: everyone participating in the Coffin Hop will be giving away one digital copy of DEATH BY DRIVE-IN, so you’ve got tons of chances to win! Of course, if you do end up having to pay, you can feel good knowing those dollars are going towards helping improve world literacy.
Here’s a peek at the brilliance you’ll find within these pages:
- A strange outbreak in the wilds of Alaska just may spell unexpected doom for the world.
- Who are we, really? Where did we come from? And who stole Betty’s brain?
- Glenda is hot, available, and addicted to Pinterest. She’s also totally wild, in the most primal sense of the word. What else could a lonely guy ask for?
- Did old Mrs. Danek really see a spaceship? Her doctor questions her sanity, but can he explain her symptoms, or survive the last appointment of the night?
- A strange creature haunts the depths of the Black Lagoon, and all he wants is some peace and quiet from the wife and kids.
- A scientist chooses love over duty and dooms a modern colossus in the process.
- An unexpected knick-knack leads to the total destruction of suburbia.
- Los Chupacabras! at the last lonely strip club in a desert wasteland.
- Baked goods on the warpath!
- An accursed bathroom stall spells doom for wayward souls.
- The superpowers bestowed by a faulty microwave may not be all they’re cut out to be.
- Karma comes calling in a black Mustang.
- A mechanical monster lays waste to a Hollywood film.
- The Queen of Screams finds her voice through pain and sacrifice.
- The ancient bane of Tokyo looks back on a life of carnage.
- The creatures of the night don’t take kindly to your condescension.
- Lady Marikova meets her new husband, and he’s a legendary ladykiller!
- Bee hates spiders. She might want to lock the doors.
- Frank’s idea of “playing dead” just got dead serious.
Which of the above describes my story? You’ll have to get the anthology to find out…
Don’t forget, today is the last day to submit your Mad Libs responses to me before we start voting on our favorites, so give me your best adjectives, adverbs, and nouns (oh my!) to win the grand prize.